|The answer that you have given is not
correct. Please read the information below and when you are ready, Click
on the Link at the Bottom and go back to the Questions.
What if I have an Accident in my Truck?
n Case of an Accident while you are with your
truck, the procedures are extremely important to follow as any
mistake can result in greater Liability than would ordinarily be
- Immediately, call the Monroe Safety Department,
regardless of the severity of the incident.
- During Normal Hours ( M-F 8:30 AM to
5:30 PM) Call 1-800-444-4168)
- After Normal Hours, Saturday and Sunday Call the
safety Beeper at 1-888-650-6134, Enter your contact telephone number
with the keypad on your telephone
- Call the Police Department that has jurisdiction
the Area where the incident took place.
- Federal Regulations require that you take a
Breath Alcohol test within two hours of the incident under certain
- You must also receive a Drug Screen as
soon as it can be arranged.
- All of the above needs to be documented for
- Go to the Accident Packet that is kept in your
truck. The packet contains a camera as well as other
- Try to get Names and addresses and telephone
numbers of all of the parties involved
- Secure License numbers, makes and models of all
- Try to get names and address and telephone
numbers of any witnesses.
- Unless absolutely necessary the vehicles
involved should not be moved until the Police arrive.
- When the investigating officer arrives, try to
get the name, badge number, station address and telephone
- Always to be courteous and considerate of
Click Here to
Go Back to Question